Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yes, I am a Blond

I used to have super blond hair, but as I've gotten older, it has darkened some. Sometimes I wonder if I could still be considered a blond, but moments like Thursday, reconfirmed my blondness.
I was in Provo with my sister-in-law, Heidi, for her sister's wedding. I went with her to help with her three kids. Anyway, I was driving Heidi's van and she told me to park behind her brother-in-law's car, which would stick me halfway in their driveway, and also blocking the sidewalk.
"I can't block the sidewalk." I complained.
"Sure you can." She said.
"Yeah, why not?" Her brother, who looks amazingly a lot like Jesus, asked.
I was so flustered, I answered as I went ahead and parked, "What if I get hit by a blind kid on a bike?"

After a lot of laughing, Heidi and Chris pointed out that usually you don't give a blind kid a bike. You probably shouldn't give your new minivan to a blond either.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hee hee. You are silly. I have blond moments too though and my hair has never been blond. My worst was when I went to the library in February 2004 and asked why I couldn't find the tax forms for 2004 tax filings. The minute the words were out of my mouth I realized how stupid I was.

B.K. Stanley said...

I like the color of your hair. I would have been uncomfortable blocking a sidewalk too, seeing children aren't always careful to look either. Sorry my comment is so late- I don't recall what I've been doing that was so critical, but I am way behind on reading blogs. Glad you had a nice and safe trip.